Initiatives to boost Education Sector announced
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Education; Governance
- Recently, we had discussed reforms in the education sector.
- Several other initiatives to boost the education sector were also announced by the Union Finance Minister.
- Manodarpan initiative: It would provide psychosocial support to students, teachers and families for mental health and emotional wellbeing through a website, a toll-free helpline.
- A new National Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework for school education, teacher education and early childhood stage shall be prepared to prepare students and future teachers as per global benchmarks.
- A National Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission will be launched. This will ensure that every child in the country necessarily attains literacy and numeracy of foundation level.
- The learning needs of nearly 4 crore children will be covered through this mission in the age group of 3 to 11 years.