Kisan Sabha App: To connect farmers to supply chain and freight transportation
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- Kisan Sabha App was launched recently by CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CSIR-CRRI), New Delhi.
- The app is developed to connect farmers to supply chain and freight transportation management system.
- The portal connects the farmers, transporters, Service providers (like pesticides/ fertilizer/ dealers, cold store and warehouse owner), mandi dealers, customers (like big retail outlets, online stores, institutional buyers) and other related entities for timely and effective solution.
- The portal acts as a single stop for every entity related to agriculture.
- Kisan Sabha has 6 major modules taking care of:
- Mandi Dealers
- Mandi Board Members
- Service Providers
- Kisan Sabha aims to provide the most economical and timely logistics support to the farmers.
- The goal of the app is to increase farmers’ profit margins by minimizing interference of middlemen and directly connecting with the institutional buyers.
- It will also help in providing best market rates of crops by comparing nearest mandis, booking of freight vehicles at cheapest cost.