Railways start Shramik Special Trains to move migrant workers and other stranded persons
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Disaster Management; Infrastructure (Railways)
- As per the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, “Shramik Special” trains shall start running from May 1 (Labour Day).
- The trains shall move migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and other persons stranded at different places due to lockdown which is in force due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- These special trains will run from point to point on the request of both the concerned State Governments as per the standard protocols for sending and receiving such stranded persons.
- The passengers shall be screened by the sending states.
- Passengers who are found asymptomatic (showing no symptoms) would be allowed to travel.
- Passengers shall be brought to the railway station in batches in sanitized buses while maintaining strict social distancing norms by the sending state governments.
- It will be mandatory for every passenger to wear face cover.
- Meals and drinking water would be provided.
- On arrival at the destination, passengers will be received by the State Government, who would make all arrangements for their screening, quarantine if necessary and further travel from the Railway Station
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :