Multiple entry life-long visa facility for OCI holders suspended
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Citizenship
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has suspended the right of multiple entry life-long visa facility of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders for visiting India .
- The order will be valid till the prohibition on international air travel of passengers from/to India is lifted by the Government of India.
Important value additions:
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
- It is an immigration status permitting a foreign citizen of Indian origin to live and work in the Republic of India indefinitely.
- It was introduced by The Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2005.
- It was launched during the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention held in Hyderabad in 2005.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :