National Infrastructure Pipeline proposes to set up National Land Management Corporation
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- The task force on National Infrastructure Pipeline has recommended setting up a National Land Management Corporation
- This corporation would help in monetising state-owned surplus land assets in a systematic manner.
- Such a corporation should be set up under Companies Act.
- It would act as a facilitator for land monetisation and an asset manager for lands owned by the government and public enterprises.
- The Corporation should have representation from:
- Finance Ministry
- Department of Public Enterprises
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Independent directors from finance and real estate industry.
- The Corporation will be able to raise capital from the equity market, based on the value of its leased assets.
Important value additions:
National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP)
- It is the investment plan unveiled by the Central Government for enhancing infrastructure in identified sectors for a period of five years from 2020-25.
- $1.4 trillion have been allotted to NIP.
- It will help India to become the $5 trillion economy by 2025.
- The funding will be jointly made by the Centre, states and the private sector in the proportion of 39:39:22 ratio.