National Infrastructure Pipeline proposes to set up National Land Management Corporation
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- The task force on National Infrastructure Pipeline has recommended setting up a National Land Management Corporation
- This corporation would help in monetising state-owned surplus land assets in a systematic manner.
- Such a corporation should be set up under Companies Act.
- It would act as a facilitator for land monetisation and an asset manager for lands owned by the government and public enterprises.
- The Corporation should have representation from:
- Finance Ministry
- Department of Public Enterprises
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Independent directors from finance and real estate industry.
- The Corporation will be able to raise capital from the equity market, based on the value of its leased assets.
Important value additions:
National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP)
- It is the investment plan unveiled by the Central Government for enhancing infrastructure in identified sectors for a period of five years from 2020-25.
- $1.4 trillion have been allotted to NIP.
- It will help India to become the $5 trillion economy by 2025.
- The funding will be jointly made by the Centre, states and the private sector in the proportion of 39:39:22 ratio.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :