Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China launched to counter China
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- A group of senior lawmakers from eight countries including the US have launched the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China.
- These countries are:
- Members of the European parliament.
- It is a new cross-parliamentary alliance to help counter the threats posed by China’s growing influence to global trade, security and human rights.
- The group aims to achieve the following on issues related to China :
- to construct appropriate and coordinated responses
- to create a proactive and strategic approach