Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Sanitary Napkins being made available
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-I – Social Issues & GS- II – Health
- Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Sanitary Napkin shall be available at numerous Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushdhi Pariyojna (PMBJP) Kendras across the country at a minimum price of Rs.1/- per pad.
- Earlier the price was Rs. 2.50 per pad.
Important value additions
Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Sanitary Napkin
- The launch of “Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodegradable Sanitary Napkin” for women of India was announced on the eve of World Environment Day in 2018.
- It is biodegradable.
- This means that upon discarding, it is totally biodegradable once it comes in contact with oxygen indicating that they are environmental friendly.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
- It is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India, to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through special kendras known as Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
- PMBJP Kendra is set up to provide generic drugs, which are available at lesser prices but are equivalent in quality and efficacy as expensive branded drugs.
- BPPI (Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India) has been established under the Department of Pharmaceuticals for co-coordinating in procurement, supply and marketing of generic drugs.