Sahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Programme (SIP) launched
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister launched Sahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Programme (SIP).
- Its objective is to help cooperative institutions access innovative ideas of young professionals while the interns will gain experience of working in the field to be self-reliant.
- The scheme is an initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), the cooperative sector development finance organization.
- Professional graduates in disciplines such as Agriculture and allied areas, IT etc. will be eligible for internship.
- Professionals who are pursuing or have completed their MBA degrees in Agri-business, Cooperation, Finance, International Trade, etc. will also be eligible.
- Each intern will get financial support over a 4 months internship period.