Part of: GS- Prelims and GS-3: Economy; GS-2: Governance
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has launched ‘Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- ASEEM portal will provide employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- The portal will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands and will bridge demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors.
- The Artificial Intelligence-based platform will also provide real-time granular information by identifying relevant skilling requirements and employment prospects.
- Also available as an application (app), it consists of three IT based interfaces:
- Employer Portal: Employer onboarding, demand aggregation, candidate selection.
- Dashboard: Reports, trends, analytics, and highlight gaps.
- Candidate Application: Create & track candidate profile, share job suggestions.