Video surveillance system on trains
Part of: GS Mains III – Infrastructure; Security
- Railway board had formed a committee to standardise the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Video Surveillance System in coaches.
- The SOP would consist of details relating to data uploading, retention and retrieval besides defining monitoring and response by security personnel and front line Railway officials.
Do you know?
- The Railways has planned to install surveillance cameras in 7,000 coaches by March 2021 as part of a Video Surveillance System to cover stations and trains.
- The panel has devised a strategy on the modalities and procedure for realtime surveillance, storage, retention and retrieval of feed generated by CCTV cameras installed in passenger coaches.
- Security measure to prevent/detect crimes at railway stations/trains.
- Helps to ensure adequate safety of women, children and elderly passengers on railway premises.