First-of-its-kind Godhan Nyay Yojana launched in Chhattisgarh
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II and III – Govt schemes and initiatives; Animal Husbandry; Rural development
- Godhan Nyay Yojana was launched by Chhattisgarh government.
- Under the scheme, government will procure cow dung at Rs 2 per kilogram from livestock owners and use it to prepare organic fertilizers.
Benefits of the scheme:
- With implementation of this scheme, government aims to give a boost to rural economy and to create employment opportunities in the rural areas.
- Gives boost to organic farming.
- Proper disposal of waste produced by cattle, hence keeps the city and roads clean.