Andaman and Nicobar to be a maritime hub
Part of: GS Mains III – Infrastructure; Defence; Security
- PM said that Andaman and Nicobar islands region was going to be developed as a “maritime and start-up hub” and highlighted his government’s development initiatives for it.
- PM to inaugurate a submarine optical fibre cable between Chennai and islands
- It helps to turn the islands “digitally independent”.
- 12 islands of the archipelago have been selected for high-impact projects with an emphasis on boosting trade of sea-based, organic and coconut-based products of the region.
- It helps the group of islands become an important centre of blue economy.