Part of: Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II – Govt schemes and initiatives; Health
- The Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare presided over a review meeting with States/UTs on the eSanjeevani and eSanjeevani OPD platforms.
- It was conducted as 1.5 lakh tele-consultations were completed on the tele-medicine service platforms of the Health Ministry.
Do you know?
- In a short span of time since its launch in November 2019, tele-consultation by eSanjeevani and eSanjeevani OPD have been implemented by 23 States (which covers 75% of the population) and other States are in the process of rolling it out.
- It is a national telemedicine service that offers tele-consultations enabling patient to doctor consultations from the confines of their home, as well as doctor to doctor consultations.
- This eSanjeevani platform has enabled two types of telemedicine services viz. Doctor-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani) and Patient-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani OPD) Tele-consultations
- The former is being implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) programme.
- The telemedicine platform is hosting over 40 online OPDs, more than half of these are speciality OPDs which include Gynaecology, Psychiatry, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, antiretroviral therapy (ART) for the AIDS/HIV patients, Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) etc.