Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II –
- Hyderabad non-profit Naandi Foundation has been selected for Food Vision 2050 Prize
- The recognition fetches Naandi a prize money of $200,000
Do you know?
- The Food System Vision Prize is an invitation for organizations across the globe to develop a Vision of the regenerative and nourishing food system that they aspire to create by the year 2050.
- The Rockefeller Foundation award recognised the application of the ”Arakunomics” model in the regions of Araku, Wardha and New Delhi.
- Naandis vision titled ”Arakunomics” was based on work with tribal farmers in Araku, Andhra Pradesh, for nearly 20 years.
- Arakunomics is a new integrated economic model that ensures profits for farmers, quality for consumers through regenerative agriculture
- The model follows an ”ABCDEFGH” framework centering on: Agriculture, Biology, Compost, Decentralised decision-making, Entrepreneurs, Families, Global Markets, and ”Headstands” or turning current approaches on their head.
The economic model is a tribute to the tribal farmers of Araku region for the world-class coffee produced and launched in Paris in 2017 as well as for the high carbon landscape transformation they did in over 955 villages there by planting 25 million trees.