DoPPW to integrate e- Pension Payment order with Digi Locker
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions; GS-III – Technology; IT
- The Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW), Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pension, has decided to integrate the electronic Pension Payment Order (e-PPO) with Digi Locker.
- Objective: To enhance Ease of Living of Central Government Civil Pensioners.
- It will enable any Pensioner to obtain an instant print-out of the latest copy of their PPO from their Digi Locker account.
- A permanent record of their respective PPO in their Digi Locker shall be created.
- Delays in reaching the PPO to new pensioners and the necessity of handing over a physical copy will be eliminated.
- ‘Bhavishya’ software was used to create the facility.
- It is a single window platform for Pensioners right from the start to the end of their Pension processing.
Important value additions
- It is a secured online locker repository.
- It provides a platform to accumulate all important documents at one place.
- It is a Government website.
- Aadhar card, PAN card, Passport, Driving License and school and college certificates can be stored.