Draft Health Data Management policy released in the public domain
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions; Health
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has released the Draft Health Data Management Policy in the public domain.
- The policy is part of the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM).
- The Draft Policy is the maiden step in realizing NDHM’s guiding principle of “Security and Privacy by Design” for the protection of individuals’ data privacy.
- Data collected across the National Digital Health Ecosystem (NDHE) will be stored in at the central level, the state or Union Territory level and at the health facility level, by adopting the principle of minimality at each point.
- It encompasses various aspects pertaining to health data like data privacy, consent management, data sharing and protection.
Important value additions
- It was announced by Prime Minister on the occasion of 74th Independence Day.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has been mandated to design and roll out NDHM in the country.
- NHA is also responsible for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat