Government to set up National recruitment agency
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Education
Image source: The Hindu
- Recently the government has approved the creation of a national recruitment agency for conducting a Common Eligibility Test for various government jobs.
- The decision is likely to benefit crores of young people who apply for jobs every year
- 3 of the over 20 Central Government recruitment agencies would be brought under the (NRA).
- Gradually, all Central government recruitment agencies would be brought under the NRA.
- A common eligibility test (CET) would enable these candidates to appear once and apply to any or all of these recruitment agencies for the higher level of examination.
- Initially, the preliminary test for the Railway Recruitment Board, the Staff Selection Commission and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection would be conducted by the NRA.
- In the beginning, the exam would be held online in 12 languages.
- Centres would be set up in every district to increase access.
- The CET score of the candidate shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of declaration of the result.
- The best of the valid scores shall be deemed to be the current score of the candidate,