Helium-enhanced cool bright stars among Omega Centauri discovered
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Space
- Helium-enhanced cool bright stars among the metal-rich parts of Omega Centauri globular cluster have been recently discovered.
- This is the first-ever spectroscopic determination of Helium-abundance in Omega Centauri.
- Omega Centauri: The brightest and the largest globular cluster in the Milky Way Galaxy.
Important value additions
- These are the stellar systems with millions of stars formed from the same gaseous cloud.
- The stars formed will be homogeneous in their chemical composition.
- However, the different stars of Omega Centauri do not show the same metal content