Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research & Education System -Cloud Infrastructure and Services)
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II and III – Govt schemes and initiatives; Skill development; Agriculture
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare virtually launched Krishi Megh along with KVC ALUNET (Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Chhatr Alumni Network) and Online Accreditation System for Higher Agricultural Educational Institutions (HEI).
- Krishi Megh is a step forward towards digital agriculture of New India.
About Krishi Megh:
- Krishi Megh is the National Agricultural Research & Education System -Cloud Infrastructure and Services.
- It aims to protect the precious data of the government’s premier research body Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- It has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) in Hyderabad.
- Krishi Megh has been set up under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP), funded by both the government and World Bank.
- The data recovery centre at NAARM is synchronized with the data centre at the main data centre of the ICAR is at Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute (IASRI) Delhi.
- Built to mitigate the risk, enhance the quality, availability and accessibility of e-governance, research, extension and education in field of agriculture in India.
- Cater the need to save and preserve the important research-based data in a prompt digitised form to enable its access anywhere in any corner of the country and the world.
About KVC ALUNET:
- Its development has been a result of an idea of social networking for the alumnus of the Agricultural Universities.
- It will enable the alumni of all the 74 Agricultural Universities in connecting with each other and making it possible to assist the students in internship, placements and to provide support to their alma maters.