National Council for Transgender Persons constituted
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-I – Society; GS-II – National Councils
- National Council for Transgender Persons has been recently constituted.
- Ministry: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Council’s chairperson: The Social Justice Minister.
- Officials from some other Ministries.
- Five nominated members from the transgender community.
- Associated Act: Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019.
- Advising the central government on the formulation of policies, with respect to transgender persons
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of policies
- Reviewing and coordinating the activities of all the departments
- Redressing grievances of transgender persons
- Performing other functions as prescribed by the Centre.