Nuakhai Juhar celebrated
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-I – Art & Culture
- Celebrated in: Western Odisha and adjoining areas of Simdega in Jharkhand.
- It is an agricultural festival.
- It is observed to welcome the new rice of the season.
- It is observed on the fifth day of the lunar fortnight of the month of Bhadrapada or Bhaadra (August–September), the day after the Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
- People offer the newly harvested crop called Nabanha to their respective presiding deities, as a part of the rituals