Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-I – Art and culture
- It is a recreational folk art and a colourful part of Onam celebrations in Thrissur, Kerala.
- It will be an online-only affair this year due to COVID-19.
- Onam is an annual harvest festival.
- In Pulikkali, performers painted like tigers and hunters in bright yellow, red, and black dance to the beats of instruments like Udukku and Thakil.
- The performance revolves around the theme of tiger hunting.
- Pulikkali was introduced in Thrissur by Shakthan Tampuran two centuries ago