Export Preparedness Index (EPI) 2020 released
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Trade
- Released by: NITI Aayog and the Institute of Competitiveness.
- It is the first report to examine export preparedness and performance of Indian states.
- Objective: To identify challenges and opportunities; enhance the effectiveness of government policies; and encourage a facilitative regulatory framework.
- The structure of the EPI includes 4 pillars: Policy; Business Ecosystem; Export Ecosystem; Export Performance.
- Indian states scored average 50% in sub-pillars of Exports Diversification, Transport Connectivity, and Infrastructure.
- Overall, most of the Coastal States are the best performers.
- Top Coastal States: Gujarat, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu
- Top landlocked states: Rajasthan, Telangana and Haryana.
- Top Himalayan states: Uttarakhand, Tripura and Himachal Pradesh.
- Top Union Territories: Delhi, Goa and Chandigarh.