Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE – Atal New India Challenge launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Start-ups; Innovation
- The Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE – Atal New India Challenge (ANIC) Program was recently launched.
- It is a national initiative.
- Objective: (1) To promote research & innovation; (2) To increase competitiveness of Indian startups and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs); (3) To proactively collaborate with Ministries and the associated industries to facilitate innovative solutions to sectoral problems.
- The initiative will be carried under the Atal Innovation Mission.
- Carried out by: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and four ministries: (1) Ministry of Defence; (2) Ministry of Food Processing Industries; (3) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; and (4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Features: (1) Promote techno-preneurs because of their immense potential; (2) 15 sector-specific challenges where three challenges are for each ministry; (3) A grant-of-aid of up Rs. 50 lakh for a period of 9 to 12 months for startups to develop a minimum usable prototype.
Important value additions
- AIM is Government of India’s flagship initiative.
- Objective: (1) To promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship; (2) To develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy; (3) To provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders; (4) To create awareness and create an umbrella structure to oversee the innovation ecosystem of the country