Ease of Doing Business Rankings of the States: DPIIT
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Ease of Doing Business
- 4th edition of Ease of Doing Business Rankings based on the State Business Reform Action Plan (State BRAP) was recently released.
- Released by: The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Top Performers: (1) Andhra Pradesh; (2) Uttar Pradesh; (3) Telangana; (4) Madhya Pradesh; (5) Jharkhand.
- Worst performers: (1) Tripura; (2) Sikkim; (3) Odisha
Important value additions
Ease of Doing Business (EODB)
- Joint initiative by: The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the World Bank
- Objective: To improve the overall business environment in the States.
Business Reform Action Plan
- Launched in: 2015.
- BRAP 2019 contains a list of 80 reforms (187 reform action points) to be implemented by 19 State departments.
- These reforms cover 12 business regulatory areas such as Access to Information, Single Window System, Labour, Environment, etc.
- Objective: To encourage a healthy competition between states.
- This would help in attracting investments and increasing Ease of Doing Business in each State.