Foundation day of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) celebrated
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- The foundation day of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) was recently celebrated as “Kaushal Se Kal Badlenge” (25th September).
- Ministry: Ministry of Rural Development
- Agripreneurship (entrepreneurship in agriculture) Programme was inaugurated.
- Guidelines regarding Captive Employment under DDU-GKY were released.
- Guidelines for Promotion of Integrated Farming Cluster (IFC) were also released
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for capacity building of Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs)/StartUps and providing incubation support in rural areas was signed.
Do you know?
- Captive employers are businesses which can employ 500 or more in their own organisation or one of their subsidiaries and have suitable in-house training facilities.
- Integrated Farming is a combined approach aimed at efficient sustainable resource management for increased productivity in the cropping system.
- It has multiple objectives of sustainability, food security, farmer’s security and poverty reduction by involving livestock, vermicomposting, organic farming, etc.