Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) launched
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure; Energy Resources
- Pan-India Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) in electricity was recently launched.
- Launched by: The Union Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy
- Objective: Greening the Indian short term power Market.
- The market is the first Exclusive product for the renewable energy sector in the world.
- Transactions through GTAM will be bilateral in nature.
- Clear identification of corresponding buyers and sellers shall be available.
- There will not be any difficulty in accounting for Renewable Purchase Obligations (RPO).
- GTAM contracts will be segregated into Solar RPO & Non-Solar RPO.
- Further, within the two segments GTAM contracts will have Green Intraday, Day Ahead Contingency, Daily and Weekly Contracts.
- Price discovery will take place on a continuous basis.
- Looking at the market conditions, open auction can be introduced for daily & weekly contracts.