Important bridges and road improvement projects inaugurated in Gadchiroli
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure – Roadways
- Three important bridges and two road improvement projects were inaugurated in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra.
- Foundation stones for four other major bridge projects across the rivers Wainganga, Bandiya, Perikota and Perimili were also laid down.
- Ministry: Ministry for Road Transport & Highways
Important value additions
Wainganga Bridge Project
- Wainganga river, which divides Gadchiroli & Chandrapur Districts is one of the important rivers in the State of Maharashtra.
- To eliminate hardships of the people, Union Minister proposed construction of an ambitious project to construct bridge on Wainganga River, along National Highway 353 B, at a total cost of Rs. 99 Crore, to be completed by NHAI and PWD.