India joins Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment (DCOC/JA)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- India has joined the Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment, DCOC/JA, as an Observer.
Important value additions
Djibouti Code of Conduct/ Jeddah Amendment
- DCOC/JA is a grouping on maritime matters comprising 18 member states adjoining the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, the East Coast of Africa and Island countries in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The DCOC was established in January 2009.
- Aim: Repression of piracy and armed robbery against ships in the Western Indian Ocean Region, the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea.
- Japan, Norway, the UK and the US are also the Observers to the DCOC/JA.