Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Center
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Space; Achievements of Indians in Sci & Technology
- Recently, the Government of India has created the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Center (IN-SPACe).
- It is an independent nodal agency under the Department of Space.
- IN-SPACe is to be established as a single-window nodal agency, with its own cadre, which will permit and oversee the activities of private companies.
- Functions: (1) Encourage, promote and handhold the private sector for their participation in the Space Sector; (2) Draw up an integrated launch manifest considering the requirements for ISRO, New Space India Limited (NSIL) and private companies; (3) Work out a suitable mechanism to offer sharing of technology, expertise and facilities; (4) Permit establishment of facilities, within ISRO premises, based on safety norms and feasibility assessment.
- The decision of IN-SPACe shall be final and binding on all stakeholders including ISRO and private players will not be required to seek separate permission from ISRO.