Industrial Relations Code, 2020 passed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Industries
- Lok Sabha passed the Industrial Relations Code, 2020.
Efforts made by the Government under the code for quickly resolving disputes
- Provision for two members instead of one member in the Industrial Tribunal.
- Provision for taking the matter straight to the Tribunal in case the dispute is not resolved at conciliation stage.
- Implementation of award in 30 days after Tribunal award.
- After recognition of Fixed Term Employment, workers will get the option of Fixed Term Employment instead of contract labour.
- Under this, they would get benefits of hours of work, salary, social security and other welfare benefits like a Regular Employee.
- A provision for “Negotiating Union” and “Negotiating Council” has been made for undertaking negotiation on any dispute.
Do you know?
- Provision has also been made for giving recognition to Trade Unions at Central and State level. Trade Unions would be able to contribute more affirmatively and more effectively.
- Provision for Re-Skilling fund has been made in the law for the first time for re-skilling those workers who have been fired from their jobs, so that they are able to get employment again.