Rashtriya Raksha University, Bill 2020 passed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Schemes; Education
- Parliament has passed the Rashtriya Raksha University Bill 2020.
- The Bill establishes the Raksha Shakti University, Gujarat established under the Raksha Shakti University Act, 2009.
- The Bill declares the University to be an institution of national importance.
- The Bill also repeals the 2009 Act.
- The Bill provides for several authorities under the University.
- These include: (1) The Governing Body to frame the broad policies and programmes of the University; (2) The Executive Council will be the principal executive body (3) The Academic Council will specify the academic policies of the University.
- The functions of the University include: (1) Providing instructions and research in police sciences, including coastal policing and cyber security (2) establishing and maintaining colleges (3) Prescribing courses, holding exams, and granting degrees and other distinctions.