Institute Of Teaching And Research In Ayurveda Bill 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions; Health & GS-III – Medicine
- The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020 has been passed by Rajya Sabha. The Bill has been passed in Lok Sabha.
- This paves the way to establish a state-of-the-art Ayurvedic institution called the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA) at Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- It will also be conferred with the status of Institution of National Importance (INI) to it.
Do you know?
- ITRA will be the first institution with INI status in the AYUSH Sector.
- The ITRA is sought to be established by conglomerating the presently existing Ayurveda institutes at Gujarat Ayurved University campus Jamnagar.