KRITAGYA hackathon planned for enhancing farm mechanization
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Agriculture
- A hackathon named “KRITAGYA” has been planned by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) under National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP).
- Objective: To promote potential technology solutions for enhancing farm mechanization with special emphasis on women friendly equipment.
- Eligibiliy: Students, faculties and innovators/entrepreneurs from any university / technical institution across the country can apply and participate in the form of a group.
- Participating students can collaborate with local start-ups, students from technology institutes.
- Cash prizes are included.
Important value additions
National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP)
- The ICAR commenced NAHEP in 2017.
- It is a Government of India and World Bank project.
- Objective: To support the National Agricultural Research and Education System providing more relevant and better quality education to the students.