Laser Guided ATGM successfully test fired
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence
- Laser Guided Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) was successfully test fired from MBT Arjun Tank at KK Ranges, Ahmednagar recently.
- Developed by: Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune in association with High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) Pune, and Instruments Research & Development Establishment (IRDE) Dehradun
Important value additions
- Lasers guided ATGMs lock and track the targets with the help of laser designation to ensure precision hit accuracy.
- The missile employs a tandem HEAT warhead to defeat Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA) protected armoured vehicles.
- It has been developed with multiple-platform launch capability.
- It is currently undergoing technical evaluation trials from gun of MBT Arjun.