Margadarshika for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis under Jal Jeevan Mission unveiled
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III –Water Resources
- Indian Prime Minister released the new logo for the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- ‘Margadarshika for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis under Jal Jeevan Mission’ (Guidelines for the Village Panchayats and Water Committees) was also unveiled.
- Referring to the Margadarshika, it was highlighted that they are equally important for the Gram Panchayats, people living in rural areas and for the Government machinery.
- The Mardarshika Guidelines will guide the members of the Water Committee and Gram Panchayats in taking the right decisions.
- A special 100-day campaign is being launched on 2nd Oct this year under Jal Jeevan Mission to ensure drinking water connection to every school and Anganwadi in the country.
Do you know?
- The Jal Jeevan Mission aims at providing every rural household in the country with piped-water connection.
- The new logo of the Mission shall continue to inspire the need to save every drop of water.
- Jal Jeevan Mission adopts a bottom to top approach, where the users and Paani Samitis (Water Committees) in the villages envision the whole project from its implementation to maintenance and operation.
- The mission has also ensured that at least 50% of the members of the water committee would be women.