6 Mega development projects inaugurated under Namami Gange Mission

  • IASbaba
  • September 30, 2020
  • 0
UPSC Articles
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

6 Mega development projects inaugurated under Namami Gange Mission

Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Pollution; Climate change; Water Resources

In news

  • Indian Prime Minister inaugurated 6 mega development projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission.

Key takeaways

  • The Ganga Avalokan Museum, the first of its kind on the River Ganga at Haridwar was also inaugurated.
  • “Rowing Down the Ganges” book was also released which explains in detail how the River Ganges stands as a glowing symbol of India’s Culture, Faith and Heritage.
  • These six mega projects of Sewage Treatment Plants (STP) are constructed at Haridwar, Rishikesh, Muni ki Reti, Chorpani, and Badrinath.
  • The Government would provide upfront around 40% of the project cost to the developer to start the work and the remaining 60% would be borne by the private party.

For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…

Search now.....

Sign Up To Receive Regular Updates