6 Mega development projects inaugurated under Namami Gange Mission
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Pollution; Climate change; Water Resources
- Indian Prime Minister inaugurated 6 mega development projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission.
- The Ganga Avalokan Museum, the first of its kind on the River Ganga at Haridwar was also inaugurated.
- “Rowing Down the Ganges” book was also released which explains in detail how the River Ganges stands as a glowing symbol of India’s Culture, Faith and Heritage.
- These six mega projects of Sewage Treatment Plants (STP) are constructed at Haridwar, Rishikesh, Muni ki Reti, Chorpani, and Badrinath.
- The Government would provide upfront around 40% of the project cost to the developer to start the work and the remaining 60% would be borne by the private party.