National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill, 2020 passed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Recently, Indian Parliament has passed the National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill, 2020 and the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Bill.
The National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill, 2020
- It seeks to repeal the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973.
- National Commission for Homoeopathy will also be set up.
- Composition of the Commission: 20 members including a Chairperson, the President of the Homoeopathy Education Board, the Director General of National Institute of Homoeopathy, the President of the Medical Assessment and Rating Board for Homoeopathy in addition to other members.
The National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Bill, 2020
- It seeks to repeal the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970.
- National Commission for Indian System of Medicine will also be set up.
- Composition of the Commission: 29 members including a Chairperson, the President of the Board of Ayurveda, President of the Board of Unani, Siddha, and Sowa-Rigpa.
Do you know?
- The two bills also propose constitution of Advisory Councils for Homoeopathy as well as for Indian System of Medicine.
- These Councils will be the primary platform through which the states and union territories will put forth their views and concerns before the two Commissions.
- The Councils will also suggest measures to the Commission to determine and maintain standards of medical education in the country.
- The bills also envisage a National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to both undergraduate and Post-Graduate courses of Homoeopathy and for various disciplines of Indian System of Medicine.
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…