Sanskrit Grams Programme: Uttarakhand
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Education; Policies and Intetventions
- The Uttarakhand Government has decided to develop ‘Sanskrit Grams’ across the state.
- Aim: To teach people to use Sanskrit regularly.
- Several villages were selected according to the availability of Sanskrit schools so that teachers may visit the villages often and motivate residents to learn and use Sanskrit.
- Villages were selected at the meeting of the Uttarakhand Sanskrit Academy, chaired by the Uttarakhand Chief Minister.
- The Academy shall also be renamed as Uttaranchal Sanskrit Sansthanam Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
- Focus: School-going children so that they can learn the language from a young age.
Do you know?
- Sanskrit is the second official language in Uttarakhand after Hindi.
- Article 345 of the Constitution deals with the Official language or languages of a State.