We are proud to share that our ILP student, Amit Biswakarm has been selected for NSS Award, 2018-19 to be given by the honorable PRESIDENT OF INDIA.
His story is really inspiring and motivating. We are sharing a brief account of his life and journey here.
A Brief Background about Amit
- He is 22 years old from Assam (Digboi).
- He is that little child who lost his mother when he was only 18 months old. Also, that 13 years old boy who saw the painful death of his father only because he could not afford those 700 rupees insulin injections.
- After the 10th, he joined a Printing Press as Part-time work to purchase his accountancy books, medicine, and also to purchase an SMS pack to chat with newly made college friends 🙂
- During B. Com, he had taken many part-time professions like Waiter, Videographer at Marriages, home tutor, etc.
- Since he was good at academics, got some scholarships and support from his College Professors.
His story and struggle is a lesson for all. Read below to know more about his contributions and work.
My Steps towards Rashtrapati Bhavan
While returning to home after finishing my regular classes, I saw a medical van standing in front of our College Administrative Building. It was a ‘Blood Donation Camp’ which was organized by NSS Digboi College. After conquering my fear of injection, I donated for 1st time some drops of life. That immense happiness, self-satisfaction, optimism which I experienced that has become my addiction, my passion.
A brief account of some significant activities during my NSS Volunteership are attached in this PDF File