Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Start-ups; Entrepreneurship
- Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) under the Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP) stepped up as effective frontline responders during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Important value additions
Start-Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP)
- SVEP is a sub-scheme of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- Ministry: Ministry of Rural Development.
- Implemented: 2016.
- It has extended business support services and capital infusion to 153 blocks of 23 states as of August 2020.
- Partner: Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad.
- Aim: (1) Support the rural poor to come out of poverty; (2) Support the people to set up enterprises and provide support until the enterprises stabilise; (3) Providing self-employment opportunities with financial assistance and training
- It addresses three major pillars of rural start-ups namely finances, incubation and skill ecosystems.