YuWaah Platform launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare schemes
- Recently, the Government has launched YuWaah.
- It is a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready.
- Launched by: The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- A ‘Statement of Intent’ has also been signed to establish Generation Unlimited in India (YuWaah).
Objectives of YuWaah
- Providing career guidance support to young people through career portal.
- Job-readiness and self-exploration sessions to make young people career-ready.
- Supporting young people by providing entrepreneurship classes with successful entrepreneurs and experts.
- Creating linkages with aspirational economic opportunities to connect young people with jobs or self-employment. For this, innovative solutions and technology platforms will be engaged to maximize the scale and reach.
- Upskilling young people on 21st century skills, life skills, digital skills and supporting them through self-learning, for their productive lives and the future of work.
Important value additions
Generation Unlimited in India (GenU – YuWaah)
- It was founded in September 2018.
- Aim: To transform education, employment and entrepreneurial outcomes for young people around the world at a global and local level
- It was launched by UNICEF at the 73rd session of the UN General Assembly.