Aditi Urja Sanch inaugurated
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Sources of energy
- The Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences recently inaugurated the Dimethyl ether (DME) fired “Aditi Urja Sanch” unit along with the DME-LPG blended fuel cylinders.
- It is a newly designed Burner.
- The new design is efficient for both DME and the blend of DME and LPG.
- Novel design and flexible air access.
- The new nozzle design allows optimum oxygen access for combustion.
- The angles at which nozzles are placed maximize the heat transfer area across the utensils.
- Optimum flame velocity can be obtained.
- The length of the flame (high, low, and medium) can be adjusted by altering the oxygen ingress.
- The experiment shows that it increases the heat transfer rate as well.
Do you know?
- Dimethyl ether (DME) is an ultra-clean fuel.
- CSIR-NCL has developed nation’s first kind of DME pilot plant with 20-24Kg/day capacity.
- The conventional LPG burner is not suitable for DME combustion as DME density is different than LPG.
- To address this issue, CSIR- NCL’s “Aditi Urja Sanch” was developed.
- The new Burner is fully designed and fabricated by NCL for DME, DME -LPG blended mixtures and LPG combustion.