ASCON Phase IV Network launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence; Science & technology
- The Cabinet Committee on Security had approved the proposal for establishment of Army Static Switched Communication Network, ASCON Phase IV Network.
- Implemented by: M/s ITI, a Public Sector Undertaking
- Implementation schedule: 36 months from the date of signing of the contract.
- It is a strategic and theatre area communication network.
- It will upgrade the existing Asynchronous Transfer Mode Technology to Internet Protocol, Multi-Protocol Label Switching Technology.
- Optical Fibre Cable, Microwave Radio and Satellite will be used as communication media.
- It will provide better survivability, responsiveness and high bandwidth in any operational scenario and enhance the communication coverage of the network closer to International Border, Line of Control and Line of Actual Control.