ASEAN Phd Fellowship Programme (APFP)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- Recently, the students from ASEAN member states who have been selected for the prestigious ASEAN PhD Fellowship Programme (APFP) were virtually addressed.
- The program is funded by the Government of India.
Important value additions
The ASEAN PhD Fellowship Programme was (APFP)
- It was announced on 25th January 2018, by Indian Prime Minister in the presence of leaders of ASEAN member states.
- Under the APFP, 1,000 fellowships will be provided exclusively to the ASEAN citizens.
- It is also the largest capacity development programme undertaken by the Government of India for foreign beneficiaries.
- It will open many doors in the field of technology and research for the academicians, researchers and the scientists from India and ASEAN.
- The students of the ASEAN member states have got the opportunity to study in the IITs.
Do you know?
ASEAN countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.