Kapila Campaign launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Education & GS-III – Intellectual Property
- The Ministry of Education launched the ‘KAPILA’ (Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness) campaign on the 89th birth anniversary of former President and Scientist Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Under this campaign, students pursuing education in higher educational institutions will get information about the correct system of application process for patenting their invention and they will be aware of their rights.
- The Institution Innovation Council (IIC 2.0) annual report was also presented on the occasion.
- The launch of IIC 3.0 and its website were also announced.
- It has also been decided to celebrate the week of October 15th to 23rd as ‘Intellectual Property Literacy Week’.
Do you know?
- The Institution Innovation Council was established by the Ministry of Education in 2018.
- IICs have been established in about 1700 higher educational institutions.
- They will be established in 5000 higher educational institutions under IIC 3.0.