DAY-NRLM Special Package for J&K and Ladakh
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions
- Recently, the Union Cabinet approved a special package worth Rs. 520 crore in the Union Territories (UTs) of J&K and Ladakh for a period of five years under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- The Centre aims to universalise all centrally sponsored beneficiary-oriented schemes in J&K and Ladakh in a time-bound manner.
- The package has been approved for a period of five years till 2023-24.
- It has been decided to ensure funding on a demand-driven basis without linking allocation with poverty ratio during the extended period.
- Around two-third rural women from the UTs will be covered and 10.58 lakh women will get the benefit from the special package.
Important value additions
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission
- It is a centrally sponsored programme,
- Ministry: Ministry of Rural Development
- Aim: (1) To eliminate rural poverty through the promotion of multiple livelihoods and improved access to financial services for the rural poor households across the country; (2) To reach out to all rural poor households and impact their livelihoods.
- It involves working with community institutions through community professionals.
- It is implemented in a Mission mode by special purpose vehicles.
- The government plans to take the scheme to 10 crore women.