Guidelines unveiled for Awarding Bodies and Assessment Agencies under Skill India Mission
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions
- Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in collaboration with their unified regulator— National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET) unveiled guidelines for the Awarding Bodies (AB) and Assessment Agencies (AA) over a digital conference.
- The guidelines aim at establishing quality, improved outcomes and standardizing the processes under Skill India Mission.
Important value additions
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) was formed on November 9, 2014 by the Government of India to focus on enhancing employability of skills.
- Under its flagship programme, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2016-2020, the Ministry has trained more than 92 lakh candidates so far.
- The National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET) was notified by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) on 5th December 2018.
- The NCVET acts as an overarching skills regulator which regulates the functioning of entities engaged in vocational education and training.