India successfully test-fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence; Security
- India successfully test-fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile recently.
- Carried out by: Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO from Balasore in Odisha.
- BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile features indigenous Booster and Airframe Section along with many other ‘Made in India’ sub-systems.
- The BrahMos Land-Attack Cruise Missile was cruising at a top speed of Mach 2.8.
- It is one more major step in enhancing the indigenous content.
- This successful launch has paved the way for the serial production of the indigenous booster and other indigenous components of the powerful BrahMos Weapon System.