Initiatives for Farmers launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers launched POS 3.1 software, SMS Gateway and Home Delivery facility of Fertilizers (RBK) for farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
- Under POS 3.1 version: Contactless OTP based authentication option has been introduced. Farmers will be able to purchase fertilizers without touching finger print sensors.
- SMS Gateway will periodically send SMS to farmers about availability of fertilizers at retail outlets from where he last purchased the fertilizer.
- Under an initiative of Home delivery of Fertilizers in Andhra Pradesh through Rythu Bharosa Kendralu (RBK) state Government has launched 10,641 Rythu Bharosa Kendralu (RBKs) in all gram panchayats to provide farmers with quality inputs and allied services.
- Under this system, farmers after biometric authentication can order fertilizers from RBK (Rythu Bharosa Kendra) in their village and fertilizer will be delivered at their door step.